Smoothies are perfect for people who are too lazy, or conversely, are too busy to chew fruit. Personally I don’t like making smoothies that often because I hate having to clean the blender, as it cannot go in the dishwasher.
But one day I will get a blender stick, perhaps manufactured by Cuisentart, and the fuss and bother of making smoothies (or pureeing anything) will be a thing of the past!
I decided creating a smoothie for this blog would be prefect, as it is not a big recipe/cooking/time commitment. And I feel like I have recently been neglecting this thing.
In any case I made a tropical smoothie and took some pictures.
Me with my smoothie.
I would smile more, but taking one’s own pictures requires concentration at times.
Especially if you are also trying to hold a cold glass.
I just assembled this recipe on the fly. I tested it out a day ahead, to make sure I wanted to bother documenting it for the web.
Stuff You’ll Need:
- 1/3 cup cantaloupe, chopped and frozen (I froze fresh fruit I chopped to function as replacement for ice cubes)
- 1/3 cup pineapple, chopped and frozen
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder (to really pack a nutritional punch and add thickness)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup almond coconut milk (or really any milk)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon rosewater (I love the flavor of rosewater and always add it to protein shakes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (to boost vanilla flavor and sweetness)
Put all your ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend.
There, your smoothie is done!
Wasn’t that easy?
But seriously folks, I mean, there isn’t a lot to say about making a smoothie. As I am writing this post, I am realizing this. I am finding that I have not much to say or offer on this topic.
Here are some helpful hints though…
- make sure blender is plugged in before turning it on
- make sure the lid of your blender is in place
- don’t put rat poison in your smoothie, no matter how adventurous you feel like being
- add liquids last to prevent unnecessary splashing
Man…sorry guys kinda lame entry. I will redeem myself in my next post. I am planning on making vegan baked donuts. I have never tried to make a donut, vegan or otherwise, but I am excited to break in my new mini donut pan! It is très adorable, I’m telling you…